Tuesday, January 31, 2012

train check

Some of the editorial shoots I styled that are on the top of my favorites pile.
Execution-wise, some may look at it as a smashing hit, but more than that, every photo has a story kasi.

Cosmopolitan Magazine August 2010
The photographer responsible for this shoot is no less than Jeanne Young. It took me courage and a whole sack of thick face to ask if she could do this shoot with me because she only does shoots for Preview and only with Vince Uy. I love Jeanne, I think she's one of the best in the Philippines and giving in to my request just made me look up to her even more. Make-up by Jigs Mayuga, Hair by Raymond Santiago.

Cosmo Luxe shirt, Topshop shorts, Janylin platforms, SM glasses


Chalk Magazine August 2010
Pauline Prieto's one of the many shoots when she was still starting with her modeling career, this particular editorial was my first time to style for a magazine I've been reading since I was in grade school. Yes. My big sister was one of the official student correspondents (way back when Romina Urra was still the EIC) representing our school in the province. Bianca Santiago-Reinoso (currently the magazine's fashion editor) asked me to be a part of their anniversary issue where they got three up and coming fashion stylists (I, Rosanna Aranaz and Kate Paras) to do three different editorials. It is one moment I will never forget. Photo by Seven Barreto. Make-up by Jigs Mayuga, hair by Bea Misa.

Topshop pullover, Folded & Hung pants, Janilyn booties


Cosmopolitan September 2010
Here goes the biggest risk I took. I was told not to do something unorthodox as its readers are nowhere near gaga, but I am not sure what came up when I decided to just shove everything up and do this shoot. Amazing photographer Charles Buenconsejo shot this in a big yard of junk in Ortigas. Make-up by Mickey See, hair by John Valle.

Mango quilt coat, Topshop tank and skirt, Cosmo Luxe peplum belt, Sinta shoes.


Cosmopolitan August 2011
My most applauded (well, by the whole of the magazine team and their mothership in the US) was shot by BJ Pascual. Model Cecilia, who's apparently one of Mexico's next top model finalist, brought the house down which made us all the more inspired. I went for the clean-sexy look that I have been dying to do and I was up for the challenge of editing in terms of styling. This for me is one of my major hits less-mistakes made shoots. Make-up by Angelu Dominguez, hair by Kim.

Azucar dress, Betsey Johnson accessories

No comments: